Monday, March 14, 2011

~Movie~ Red Riding Hood


Oh man...... This movie was a disappointment. I went into it hoping for a good suspenseful goth flick. Not what I got. The biggest problems? Well... Bad acting, bad costumes, bad directing, bad dialogue and a crappy storyline.
As far as the acting goes; Amanda is a very pretty girl. I loved her in Mama Mia and Letters to Juliet. But those were cute little love stories and she does well at those. But this movie called for fear and angst. Not 2 emotions she plays very well. Widening your eyes and breathing heavy doesn't make fear. This definitely wasn't her genre. She should stick to the chick flicks. She's good at those.
I was excited to see that Billy Burke was going to be in this movie. I like him in the Twilight series. I didn't in Riding Hood. He seemed very forced in his acting and they didn't present him with very good dialogue.
Now we've got 2 attractive guys. "Peter" and "Henry". They're supposed to hate each other, but as I watched, it seemed more like they wanted to grab a beer together rather than fight each other for a woman's heart. The actors Shiloh and Max were great when they weren't onscreen together. I think they did a good job of picking 2 very different looking male leads. One is very dark and rugged while the other is more clean and polished. That made dynamics better. And they were nice to look at. :)
Now Julie Christie did the best job of everyone. But she's been in the business long enough to know what she's doing. She was an awesome "Grandmother". I loved er when i was supposed to , and hated her when it called for it. Had she not been in this movie it would have been a COMPLETE wash!
But I can't place all the blame with the actors. I mean your only as good as what you have to work with. And they didn't have a whole lot. Twilight fans out there, does the name Catherine Hardwicke ring bells? It should. She was the director of the first movie. And Twilight fans might also remember that the movies got better AFTER she was replaced with someone else. Sooo.. need I say more?
David Leslie Johnson was the screenwriter for this film. And his dialogue sucks. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. It was cheesy. I was expecting more. Got WAY less.
Okay so I guess I should say something good. Something good.. Something good... Yep can't think of anything else. Basically, they took a classic children's story, and made a miserable movie out of it.
But that's just my opinion.....

No comments:

Post a Comment