Saturday, May 28, 2011

~Movie~ Prates of the Caribbean- On Stranger Tides


Yay Yay Yay Yay!!!!! I have been waiting for this movie. This is one of my favorite movie series ever! If you don't like these movies, there's something wrong with you.

So the whole purpose of this installment is that Jack is looking for the fountain of youth. But he's not the only one. We get to meet a whole slough of new people. And they all are just amazing!

The line up starts with Johnny. Good ol Johnny. He rocks! He did just as amazing as all the other times. I cannot imagine another person playing Jack Sparrow. Can you? I mean he puts absolutely everything he has into every roll. But this is by far his best character. He had a few subtle changes to his appearance, but they aren't bad, so don't worry.

And of course, we get to see Barbosa again. He reprised his roll just the same as always. Although, he looked weird. His makeup. I dunno. It was weird for me. So that was a disappointment.

And for our new characters. Penelope Cruz. I think she is a beautiful woman. But in this movie they kind of uglied her up. And I loved that. It was nice to see her as something other than a cover girl. And I loved her character. She put everything into it.

And we have another new character. Ian McShane. Blackbeard. I have read stories of Blackbeard, and seen old movies with the character. But I've never been so happy watching this character on film. And that is a credit to the actor. I've never seen Ian in anything before. So for me, this was a brand new wake up.

There's more new faces, but I'll let them be a surprise. I thought the story line was well thought, and the dialogue was great. I was worried it would end up being cheesy, but it wasn't. And the CG was just as good as the first installments. I actually believed the mermaids were real.

Such a fantastic movie. Everyone needs to go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment