Monday, May 16, 2011

~Movie~ Thor


Ok I'll start off by saying that I've never read any comics about Thor. What I knew about Thor, I learned from my brother. So I found the movie enjoyable.
I think they did a really good job with the cast. Chris Hemsworth (Thor) is larger than life. Literally. This guy is 6'5'' and weighs 275 pounds. Holy crap! So I think he was a perfect choice for the God of Thunder. I mean when you think of a God, it's not a normal looking person. And Chris is not normal looking. And ladies, he's pretty easy on the eyes, and you get to see him shirtless. So if your fella wants you to go see it, and your not into these kinds of movies, keep that in mind. :) But he acted well also. I'm always sceptical of big muscle men acting. More often than not, they aren't very good. So it was a pleasant surprise to see he had talent.
Natalie Portman was her normal awesome self. She has an awesome repertoire. Love her!
And there's Anthony Hopkins, which I wasn't expecting. He didn't have a huge role, but he played it well. Although after watching Hannibal when I was younger, I have trouble getting that image out of my head whenever I see him.
The rest of the cast did a good job as well. There were people I know and some I was introduced to. Which I love. All star casts are great and all, but it's nice to see an up and coming in the mix.
There were some great fight scenes. The choreography of the moves was just right. Not too much and not too little. And I'm in favor of the special effects. Since I had no previous knowledge of the characters, I was able to just enjoy without thinking "oh that's not how they're supposed to look". I'm trying to be vague so I don't give anything away. Sorry. I'm a "spoiler" by nature. :)
It did feel a little rush. But it made sense when my brother explained some things to me. This movie was mainly to establish the Thor character. So there was a lot of history explaining him. And it did feel like it had a blunt ending, which was a bummer. But we'll be seeing Thor again in 2012 when "The Avengers" comes out. Along with Iron Man, The Hulk and Captain America. That's a LOT of on screen testosterone. Wow.
Overall I'd say it's worth the box office price. It was cool to see on the big screen. I didn't see it in IMAX or 3D so I can't give any info on what those are like, (I'm cheap). But if your looking for a good action flick and you haven't already seen it, go.
(And guys, there was only one kissing scene)

But that's just my opinion........

No comments:

Post a Comment